Junior Tours recommends that each person purchase travel insurance with ‘Cancel For Any Reason’ (CFAR) protection. The insurance allows individuals to receive additional compensation above and beyond what they are entitled to under the Standard Cancellation Policy (outlined below).
Highlights of the insurance include:
- Full Refund of all tour payments (less cost of insurance) if cancelled prior to departure for medical or other qualified reason*
- 75% Refund of all tour payments (less cost of insurance) if cancelled 48 hours prior to departure for any non-qualified reason
- $20,000 Medical Expense for Sickness or Accident
- Trip Delay and Trip Interruption Coverage
- Lost, Damaged or Delayed Baggage Coverage
* Qualified reasons include, but are not limited to, things such as unforeseen sickness, accidental injury, death, weather causing delay or cancellation of travel, jury duty, military personnel called to emergency duty for a disaster other than war, etc.
If Junior Tours is handling registration and payment collection for your group – you will have the opportunity to purchase insurance through on our website at the time of registration. A Plan Summary can be found here.
If your School or Group Leader is handling payment collection for your group – you will be given a link where you can login and purchase insurance directly after your first deposit is turned in. A Plan Summary can be found here.
STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY
The Group Leader has the sole discretion to make all decisions on behalf of the Group in regard to the Tour and whether to reschedule or cancel the Tour if conditions warrant a change. Any decision reached by the Group Leader and Junior Tours is binding on all registered tour participants. All payments received, less non-recoverable deposits, will be applied to the new tour if the Tour is rescheduled. All payments received, less non-recoverable deposits and a $200 per person booking fee, will be refunded if the Tour is canceled.
If an individual Tour Participant wants to cancel from a scheduled tour, they must notify Junior Tours in writing. Junior Tours will retain:
- 25% of the Tour Price if cancellation notice is received 90 days or more prior to departure.
- 50% of the Tour Price if cancellation notice is received 46-89 days prior to departure.
- 100% of the payments received if cancellation notice is received 45 days or less prior to departure.